RN - Residential (Kathy's Hospice)
West Bend, WI
In Horizons Hospice Inpatient Units, you will play an important role in supporting and educating patients and their families as they embark on the end-of-life journey. Youll draw on all parts of your experience: science and other knowledge from school, skills youve developed throughout your career, and most importantly: compassion and empathy.
You also will experience a culture of family with your peers and the company itself, which is rare to find. We find that flexibility, supporting our team members, assisting in their professional growth and providing a positive environment help our employees find a long time home for their skills.
We are seeking experienced nurses to join our Lawlis Family Hospice Inpatient team.
- Perform referral evaluations / admission assessments of patients and families seeking Hospice services.
- Performs physical, psychosocial and spiritual assessments utilizing non-verbal cues and probes or modifies questions to obtain more comprehensive assessments
- Communicates patients and familys expectations of care, goals and comprehensive learning needs to all members of the health care team via appropriate documentation too
- All documentation is clear, legible, concise, accurate, timely, and meets department standards
- Provide Case Management functions, as part of the IDG, to an assigned case load.
- Provide services at quality levels consistent with professional standards of practice. Approach patients and families with care, concern and compassion.
- Degree from an Accredited School of Nursing (BSN preferred)
- Current WI RN license
- 1-2 years of Hospice, Oncology or related experience
- Experience in the care of the terminally ill; knowledge of Hospice Care
- Hospice certification is required within 18 months of employment
- Current/Valid WI Drivers License; plus reliable/insured vehicle